Here’s a list of 8 essential cocktail making tools any aspiring mixologist needs for making killer cocktails at home.
1. A Jigger – Precision is key. The jigger is a handy measurement tool to help you create a perfect cocktail.
2. A Shaker – There are several types of shakers, but the two most common are the traditional Cobbler Cocktail Shaker and the Boston Shaker.
3. A Strainer – The most common strainer is the Hawthorne strainer, which is placed on top of the glass to strain your drink.
4. Bar spoon – A metal spoon with a long and spiral handle, perfect for stirring drinks.
5. Muddler – A muddler is used to process the herbs for cocktails like Caipirinha or Mojito.
6. Citrus Juicer – A simple deep round dish with a cone to squeeze the juice out of any citrus fruits. Some even have a strainer to separate the pulp from the juice.
7. Channel Knife – A small spoon-shaped knife, used for garnish by peeling long, thin spirals from citrus fruits.
8. Glasses – A nice glass will make your cocktail even more attractive and the center of everyone’s attention.
Get your at-home bar kitted out now by ordering the equipment that you need from our online store. www.online.thirst.co.za